Visit the ReadyTalk blog every Friday to learn more about a ReadyTalk feature.
Why use this feature?
As a chairperson, create an active dialogue with participants using chat.
With this feature, broadcast important information to your participants or create a conversation through Q&A. Or choose to follow up now or later with the ability to flag questions as they come in through the queue.
Whether you are moderating the chat conversation, or have someone else manning it for you, the chat feature makes it easy to interact with your participants during your webinar. And best of all, have this information available after your event with a chat report.
How to use this feature:
- Start your meeting
- If another participant will be moderating the chat, promote that person to co-presenter
- On the left hand side, you’ll see the chat window
- Type in your chat message and select your recipients
- To send a chat to everyone click “Broadcast to all.” The service will also default to this setting. Or message a specific recipient by selecting that person’s name from the list drop down list
This is what the chat window looks like. The green text ""Chairperson to All" means that message went to every participant. The red text shows a chat message that went from the chairperson to a single recipient.
- If you are moderating the chat function, you are able to manage the influx of questions with the chat management feature.
- By right clicking on the question, you are able to classify incoming chats as “Questions” or “Answered” and add them to the queue to be answered.
This is what the chat window looks like when flagging a question. From left to right, selecting a question, what it looks like when a question has been answered, and unanswered questions queued up in the "Questions" tab.
- Click the link to learn more about our Q&A Management features
And that's chat! How do you use chat to enhance your webinars?