Visit the ReadyTalk blog every Friday to learn more about a ReadyTalk feature.
Why use this feature?
The ReadyTalk Scheduler for Outlook allows for Outlook users to easily schedule, invite and start ReadyTalk Meetings directly from Outlook.
See the information below to learn how to configure and get started with the Scheduler within your Outlook. In addition to supporting this type of functionality, the Scheduler also syncs data with salesforce.com.
How to use this feature:
Step 1: Download the Scheduler
(If you have already have the Scheduler downloaded and customized, skip to step 3)
- Go to: http://www.readytalk.com/products-services/integrations/connectivity/outlook-scheduler
- Click Run, and install the Scheduler according to the directions.
Step 2: Customize your settings
Once installed, you will need to customize your Outlook settings. Reference pages 8-14 of the user guide. It will tell you how to configure:
- Default Meeting Types (On-demand vs. Scheduled Meetings)
- Adding and Deleting Accounts
- Adding and Deleting Subscriptions
- Subscription Details
- Dial-in Numbers
- Sending Plain Text Invitations
Step 3: Start Meeting
- To start a meeting, click on the “Start a Meeting” button. If you have a meeting anywhere from 24 hours prior to 48 hours after, you’ll be able to select the meeting you’d like to launch.
Creating a new meeting request: You have the ability to start three different meeting types from here: A ReadyTalk Audio/ Web Meeting, a ReadyTalk Audio Meeting or a ReadyTalk Web Meeting. Select which one works
- When you have clicked on the type of meeting you need, the Meeting Request opens automatically with the relevant information your participants will need in order to join.
- Feel free to manually add any other information at the top of the meeting request. After that, you can send your invitation.
What the invitation will look like.
- Joining the meeting: Your participants can accept the Outlook invitation and join directly from the links that are embedded into the meeting request. These include (depending on the meeting type) the Dial in information (or have the meeting call you) the web login, even a list of global numbers if applicable.
Contact ReadyTalk Customer Care if you have any questions about the ReadyTalk Scheduler for Outlook. And let us know your thoughts by sharing a comment below!